How does the story structure apply to short movies (let's assume a 10 minute film)? Which steps are avoided? Or do these kind of stories just start/end in a different manner?

Short stories are no different. A great example is The Little Engine That Could:

A little railroad engine was employed about a station yard for such work as it was built for, pulling a few cars on and off the switches. One morning it was waiting for the next call when a long train of freight-cars asked a large engine in the roundhouse to take it over the hill. "I can't; that is too much a pull for me," said the great engine built for hard work. Then the train asked another engine, and another, only to hear excuses and be refused. In desperation, the train asked the little switch engine to draw it up the grade and down on the other side. "I think I can," puffed the little locomotive, and put itself in front of the great heavy train. As it went on the little engine kept bravely puffing faster and faster, "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can."

If you look carefully, lots of implicit and explicit messages and stages are involved in this story, for example:

The New / Ordinary World (employed about a station yard)

The Ordinary, Deficient Self (for such work as it was built for, pulling a few cars on and off the switches)

Peer Brothers (large engine)

Road of Trials (draw it up the grade)

Transformation (I can't..........to..........I can)

and so on...

More info / buy the 2000+ stage Hero's Journey And Transformation Through A New World / State at http://www.clickok.co.uk/index4.html or http://www.kalbashir.com

No comments:

Post a Comment